In recent years, the digital marketing has made giant strides, both in terms of targeting techniques and the tools available to advertisers. Among these, Pixel Facebook is certainly one of the most used. In this article we will take a detailed look at what the Facebook Pixel is, how it works, and what its potential is for your Facebook advertising strategy.
What is Facebook Pixel?
The Facebook Pixel code must be inserted into the head tag of your website. Once installed correctly, Pixel Facebook starts working in the background, tracking user actions and collecting useful information for your advertising strategy.
How does Pixel Facebook work?
Facebook Pixel tracks the actions of users who visit your website. In practice, every time a user visits a page on your website, Pixel Facebook sends a request to the Facebook server which notifies it of the user's visit.
Among the actions that Pixel Facebook tracks are:
- Page Views: Every time a user views a page on your website, Facebook Pixel tracks this action.
- Adding to cart: when a user adds a product to the cart, Pixel Facebook tracks it and grows the list of users who have shown interest in that product.
- Checkout: When a user makes a purchase on your website, Pixel Facebook records this action and uses it to create a custom audience of users who have made a purchase on your website.
- Registration: If your website requires user registration, Pixel Facebook will also track this action.
- Leads: If you use a lead generation form on your website, Pixel Facebook will track data from visitors who fill out the form.
- Video Viewing: If you have videos on your website, Pixel Facebook will track them to understand if users are viewing them and for how long.
What advantages does Pixel Facebook offer?
Pixel Facebook offers several advantages for your Facebook advertising strategy:
- Precise targeting: Thanks to the information collected by Pixel Facebook, you can create custom audiences of users who have already shown interest in your website, a specific product or have made a purchase. This allows you to show highly targeted advertisements and increase your chances of conversion.
- In-depth analytics: Facebook Pixel allows you to precisely analyze visitor behavior on your website. In this way, you can understand which pages are most visited, how many users add products to the cart but then leave the website without making a purchase and so on.
- Remarketing: Thanks to the data collected by the Facebook Pixel, you can show advertisements to visitors to your website who have not made a purchase or have abandoned their cart. This allows you to “remind” your website visitors of the products they have shown interest and entice them to return and complete the purchase.
How do you install Pixel Facebook?
To install Facebook Pixel on your website, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to “Manage Events” within Facebook Business Manager.
- Click on “Add”.
- Choose “Pixels”.
- Enter the name of your Pixel.
- Click on “Create” and then on “Continue”.
- Download the Facebook Pixel code and insert it into the head tag of your website.
Facebook Pixel FAQ
1. Is it possible to use the Facebook Pixel on multiple websites?
Yes, you can use the same Facebook Pixel on multiple websites.
2. Can I only use Facebook Pixel on websites?
No, Pixel Facebook can also be used on mobile apps.
3. Can I use Facebook Pixel to track offline conversions?
Yes, Pixel Facebook also allows you to track offline conversions, such as purchases made in-store.
4. Is the Facebook Pixel only useful for Facebook advertising?
No, Pixel Facebook allows you to track user actions on your website and use this information for advertising across various channels, not just Facebook.
5. Is Pixel Facebook free?
Yes, Pixel Facebook is a free service offered by Facebook. However, you need to have a Business Manager account to use it.